Saturday, September 5, 2009

Road Trip

I’ve been considering the Double Boundary Trail race for a while now. One of the New Mexico Endurance series events, it’s been on my radar as a definite maybe until about two weeks ago when I decided to bite the bullet and go for it. I’ve heard from a couple of MoJo buddies that it’s a tough race. With a planned 68.5 miles & 11.5K of gnarly climbing, it should be “fun”.

DB

The event takes place on Sept 12th, the weekend after Labor Day, so I thought it’d be a good idea to take the whole week to explore and get acclimatized to the altitude beforehand. I’ve never ridden in the area before, so elected to head out to CO first and spend a few days on trails in Durango, then buzz down to Taos for the event.

NM Trip

My plan is to post up each day with ride reports. It remains to be seen how diligent I’ll be…

No comments:

Post a Comment