Thursday, August 27, 2009

11 Miles Around The Parking Lot

Now this ride is almost embarrassing. Coach had me scheduled for a nice intensity workout last week (oxymoron suddenly springs to mind, but I digress). 8x30 second all-out sprints, necessitating a decent amount of uninterrupted, relatively flat runway. I had previously done this type of workout down at the Veloway, but the drive from my new office could be close to an hour during rush hour. Looking for somewhere closer to my new digs, I soon realized that the massive parking lot might just work.

Not the most appealing ride, but way better than driving through rush-hour traffic or sprinting along a major highway next to aforesaid traffic.

So here we have it. My little stretch of sprint runway.

001 

I had to thoroughly warm-up and cool-down, so spent a fair amount of time “exploring” the lot. As you’ll see from the GPS profile, there was a lot of looping around. I started around 5pm on a Friday night, so the parking lot was pretty empty. It was actually kinda fun zipping around, grinning at the bemused expressions on the few folks I saw. I was half expecting security to come out and ask what the heck I was doing, so I had my ID clipped to my jersey. HaHa. What a geek!

Parkin Lot

Total distance covered – just over 11 miles.

In a parking lot


What Was I Thinking!

3 comments: